People of these countries do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal:- Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan.
- The foreign tourist visiting Nepal shall be granted the tourist visa.
- The tourist visa shall be granted for a period in maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Visa years means January to December).
- A tourist who has departed before the expiry of the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
- If any foreigner who has entered into Nepal towards the end of a visa year desires to spend even the period during which he may stay in Nepal with the tourist visa of the other visa year, he may use such facility.
Provided, however, that the computation of the fees for such period shall be made on the basis of the total period of his stay.
An application for the tourist visa has to be submitted in the format as referred to in Appendix 1.
1. Visa Issuing, Regularising and Renewing Authority
The following visa shall be issued and granted by the following authority Category of Visa and its issuing and renewing authority-
Category of visa: Visa Issuing, Regularising and Renewing Authority
2. Tourist visa
- The Immigration Officer of the entry point or the mission for fifteen days, thirty days, and ninety days entry visa in visa year.
- The Director General for renewal the validity of visa and regularize to the tourist who have already entered into Nepal by obtaining entry visa.
But the immigration officer of the entry point may regularize the visa for fifteen days at departure time if the total stay period in a visa year not exceeding 150 days.
3. Fees to be levied while issuing tourist visa by the Mission or entry point:
- US Dollars 25 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 15 days multiple entry visa.
- US Dollars 40 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 30 days multiple entry visa.
- US Dollars 100 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 90 days multiple entry visa.
- Not withstanding anything written in clause (a) and (b), no visa fee shall be applicable to the passport holder of member states of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) for 30 days.
4. Fees to be levied for renewal or regularization of tourist visa
- Nepalese currency equivalent to 2 US dollars per day to renew the validity of tourist visa.
- In case where request has also been made for the facility of multiple entry, just valid for the renewal period an additional amount in Nepalese currency equivalent to U. S. Dollars 20 to the fee as referred to in Clause (a).
- In regularizing visa of any foreigner stayed without renewal of validity of the tourist visa, Nepalese currency equivalent 3 US dollars per day shall be levied in addition to the normal amount to be paid for renewal of the validity of visa as per these Regulations.
- Foreigners, who have already been overstayed more than 150 days without renewing the tourist visa shall be levied the fees referred in clause 2(c) and penalty amount as referred to in section 10(4) of Immigration act in addition.
- Not withstanding anything written in clause 2(a), the period of visa fee shall be levied, for the purpose to renew tourist visa for up to15 days if the visa be of a period less than 15 days and as referred to in clause 2(a) for more than this